Closed captioning enables deaf and hearing-impaired viewers to view onscreen text of dialogue and narration
If a program is Closed Captioned, you will find the Closed Captions logo in a number of places on the set-top box interface:
1. While watching a TV channel, press the INFO button twice.
2. From the Electronic Program Guide (EPG), press INFO on a specific program. To access the EPG, press MENU on your remote, then navigate to TV > TV Guide.
3. From the EPG, you can also find the Closed Caption logo by pressing the blue button to access the ‘List View’ option. When a program is Closed Caption enabled, you will see the logo beneath the Program description.
Many of our TV Channels include a proportion of programmes which are Closed Captioned (CC) enabled. See below for a full list:
Content access via ABC iView does not include closed captioning
To enable Closed Captions, simply press the ‘TEXT’ button on your Remote Control.
It’s easy to set up your ‘My Channels’ list so that only channels with Closed Captioning appear.
1. To add a channel to your ‘My Channels’ list, select the channel then press the green button on your remote. To remove the channel from your ‘My Channels’ list, press the green button again.
2. To toggle between ‘Full Channel list’ and ‘My Channels list’, simply press the yellow button on your remote. Once you have selected your ‘My Channels’ list, only channels from your ‘My Channels’ list will be be displayed.
1. Press the ‘Menu’ button and navigate to ‘Manage’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Channels’ page on your Set Top Box.
2. Enter your password when prompted.
3. To add a channel to your ‘My Channels’ list, use the directional arrows on your remote to scroll down the channel list, then simply tick the ‘My Channel’ checkbox for a channel. Tick as many or as few as you like. Once you’ve selected a channel, it will be saved to your ‘My Channels’ list.
To remove a channel from your ‘My Channels’ list, simply untick the ‘My Channels’ checkbox and the channel will be removed from your ‘My Channels’ list.